Why is life coaching so successful?
- Short version – it leads to clarity!
- In our busy, often stressful, lives we rarely have time to think. We’re not sure who we are or what is truly important to us. Coaching sessions provide an oasis – a time for meaningful conversations through which you can gain clarity, become self aware, see how your thinking creates your reality, begin designing the life you really want.
- Coaching expands possibilities. It can inspire and empower you, so that you can connect with your inner wisdom, realise how resourceful and resilient you are, and go for those big grin goals!
- It enables you to break through your limiting beliefs, self-doubt, over-thinking and self sabotage and remove the barriers holding you back.
- Working in partnership with me as your coach, you accomplish much more than you could achieve alone. The coaching structure creates support, motivation and accountability.
What’s the actual process?
- Have an initial consultation with me to discuss what you want to achieve, which areas of your life you would like to work on, explore how you’ll know coaching has been successful for you and satisfy yourself that we can work together. It’s important that we’re a good fit. There is no charge for this first conversation, and no obligation.
- Decide upon the frequency of the coaching sessions and the length of the programme you want. Most clients start with an hour per week, for an initial 6 session programme, however this is entirely flexible to fit in with your preferred learning style and pace of working, and your other obligations.
- Agree a mutually convenient time when you will phone or Skype me for your sessions.
- I’ll send you a contract and invoice (fees are payable in advance of each block of sessions), plus a client intake questionnaire and some coaching charts for you to complete and return.
- During the sessions we discuss your progress and insights to date, check your current requirements, work on those, and then agree your next steps and/or any assignments that will deepen your learning or generally move you forward. And we may digress along the way – there are often new issues arising in our lives as well as interesting new ideas to explore!
How will you benefit from coaching?
- Coaching questions act as a catalyst to your thought processes. And through having the time to discuss what you really want in your life, you can consider various possibilities, get clarity, plan your future, achieve a healthier balance, make better decisions, feel happier.
- Information acquired from identifying and prioritising your values, and then examining whether you are living in accordance with them, enables you to live an authentic, purposeful life with a lot less self sabotage.
- You will gain insights into your beliefs, behaviour and motivation – which also helps you understand other people better, communicate more effectively and improve your relationships.
- The tools and techniques that can silence your inner critic and boost your confidence will support you in achieving more in all areas of your life, with greater ease.
- Understanding that we all live in the feeling of our thinking, that we create our experiences from the inside out, can be really liberating and can lead to more peace of mind, which in turn helps you cope so much better with the ups and downs of life.
What will I provide as your Life Coach?
- A non-judgemental, objective partner whose only agenda is your success, as defined by you.
- A confidential, independent sounding board.
- Your own personal cheerleader, someone who has total faith in your potential and innate wisdom — supporting and encouraging you along the way to your success and working with you to overcome your limiting beliefs and unhelpful thinking.
- An eclectic range of thought provoking techniques and resources that I have learned and discovered in my 17 years of coaching and studying, to help you better understand yourself, become more self aware and explore new ideas.
- Constructive feedback, gentle challenges, meaningful conversations, presence and deep listening, all in a safe space – whatever serves you best on your journey.
What do you need to bring to the table as a client?
- Be open to the process.
- Be committed to attending sessions on time and doing any assignments agreed.
- Don’t expect a quick fix – it took you years to become who are, to form your beliefs about yourself and the world, so that’s unlikely to change in a few hours.
- Understand it’s a collaborative process so tell me what is working and what isn’t.
- Be interested in your own self development, in who are and want to be – my style of coaching is transformative, more about self awareness, thinking, spirituality and personal growth than about traditional goal setting.
- Be honest with yourself and with me. Speak your truth, knowing this is a safe, non-judgemental space in which to do so.
- Be willing to explore what could be blocking you, why you may be self sabotaging, explore any limiting beliefs and any story you are stuck in, or assumptions you are making, and let go of those that don’t serve you.
- Consider and experiment with new skills, behaviours, communication styles, different perspectives and ways of being and thinking. Take the time for introspection and reflection.
- Be willing to make changes, to take responsibility for your self.
- Do bring your sense of humour!
And finally — what life coaching is not:
- About uncovering, analysing and healing issues in your emotional past.
- Nagging – you’ve got relatives for that!
Contact me now to discover how a coaching programme could enhance your life.
Although I am based in Hampshire, England, I work by phone and Skype with individuals throughout the UK and Europe