Starting out as a coach is an exciting time; you are probably strongly drawn to this as a career and you want to be the best you can be, however there is so much to do and so much to learn — so this is where mentoring from an experienced coach can be an invaluable resource for you.
I particularly enjoy working with new and aspiring coaches, loving their enthusiasm and passion. Specialising as a mentor coach since 2005, I have supported my clients in the following areas:
- Developing their coaching skills and confidence
- Gaining their coaching qualification
- Dealing with self doubt and unrealistic expectations
- Learning various coaching models and techniques
- Getting started with their first clients
- Reflecting on client sessions
- Setting up their business
- Identifying their ideal clients and exploring possible niches
- Understanding the skills necessary to be a masterful coach
- Continuing their own personal development
Mentoring (and supervision) is also available for experienced coaches; for those who want to take some time to increase their skills, reflect on their work or explore additional ways of building their business.
Mentoring services available:
- While you are training – coaching and mentoring to support you towards getting qualified and being confident to coach.
- Next Level Coaching Skills – this is for when you have completed your initial training and want to learn additional techniques.
- A One Year Full Support Mentoring Programme – this provides you with fortnightly sessions to support you in building your coaching business, developing your skills and working on your own personal development.
And please note that, whilst I don’t provide accredited coach training myself, if you are thinking about becoming a coach, I am happy to talk with you about this.
You can click here to request a free copy of my Ten Top Tips for Aspiring Coaches – this useful report outlines various aspects to be aware of when you are considering a career change to work as a coach.
Experience and Qualifications
- In 2002, I founded Transitions Life Coaching, a successful business specializing in personal and career coaching, and I have been providing mentoring services since 2005.
- I’ve moved from a corporate background to being a self employed life coach – so I understand what it takes to make such a change and set up a new business from scratch.
- My coaching qualifications include the accredited LCH Diploma and a Diploma in Business Performance Coaching. I am a member of the Association for Coaching.
- I am also a qualified coach supervisor, having trained with the Coaching Supervision Academy in 2008. (Click here if you are interested in having coaching supervision)
- As a perpetual student with a love of learning, courses taken include positive psychology, clean language, happiness coaching, the power of embodied transformation, coaching from source and heart intelligence coaching. In addition I am an ongoing student of the Three Principles and bring this inside –out approach into my coaching practice, along with many other resources, tools and techniques gained over the years that will support my clients in their journey.
- I have an honours degree in Psychology from the Open University.
- Energy healing: I am an Advanced EFT Practitioner and Matrix Reimprinting practitioner.
The following books contain some great coaching tools and techniques as well as covering some of the key principles and concepts. So if you are looking for information on core coaching skills and strategies, I recommend that reading the books below would be a good place to start.
- “The Coaching Manual” by Julie Starr
- “Co–active Coaching” by Laura Whitworth, Karen Kimsey–House, Henry Kimsey–House and Phillip Sandahl
- “Supercoach” by Michael Neill
- “Change your Questions, Change your Life” by Marilee Adams
- “The Life Coaching Handbook” by Curly Martin
- “Time to Think” by Nancy Kline
- “Good Questions: The Art of Asking Questions to Bring About Positive Change” by Judy Barber
- “The Portable Coach” by Thomas J. Leonard
- “Coaching for Performance” by John Whitmore
- “Coaching with NLP” by Joseph O’Connor and Andrea Lages
- “The Complete Guide to Coaching at Work” by Perry Zeus and Suzanne Skiffington
- “Awaken the Giant Within” by Anthony Robbins
- “Unlimited Power” by Anthony Robbins
- “You Can Have What You Want” by Michael Neill
- “Get Clients Now” by C.J. Hayden
All the above books are available from Amazon – just copy and paste the title of the book you want into the search facility below.
For further information, or to book your mentor coaching sessions:
Call me now on 01425 472354 or email me at email@example.com
Although I am based in Hampshire, England, I work by phone and Skype with individuals throughout the UK and Europe