It can be easy to forget that we all have inner resilience – and it may sometimes seem hard to connect with our inner strength and wisdom. I will be sharing some ideas to support you in this, meanwhile here are some of my favourite quotes on resilience, in the hope that some will resonate with you and inspire you.
- “Note to self: every time you were convinced you couldn’t go on, you did.” ― Unknown
- “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” ― Elizabeth Edwards
- “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” ― Elizabeth Edwards
- “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.” ― Robert Jordan, The Fires of Heaven
- “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” ― Gregory S. Williams